Hiring via Greek Manpower Employment Organization (OAED)

Asylum seekers and beneficiaries of international protection have the right to be registered in the Greek Manpower Employment Organization (OAED), to issue the unemployment card and benefit from OAED’s relevant services. To be eligible to register as unemployed, a person needs to be an adult who is not attending a formal education and/or vocational program or has reached the age of 15 years old and is not attending any formal education program.Asylum seekers and beneficiaries of international protection can be registered in OAED as unemployed via the OAED e-services (https://eservices.oaed.gr/pls/apex/f?p=1001:1:0:::::) following the adequate procedure. Both people who have AMKA and PAAYPA are entitled to issue an unemployment card, either they hold a valid asylum seeker card (6-months after their application) or valid residence permit card. OAED may request specific documents per case and depending on the most updated procedure. As officially registered unemployed both asylum seekers and beneficiaries of international protection can benefit by OAED’s services. Thus, employers can hire the registered unemployed asylum seekers or beneficiaries of international protection in equal basis they do with Greek citizens registered in OAED via OAED programs which promote subsidized positions. The employer to be eligible claimant must apply to OAED subsidy program of his preference, using the e-services (https://www.oaed.gr/). Depending on the call, OAED subsidizing the employer’s social insurance contribution (part of it or in total) or percentage of the salary. Most of the calls are continuous open for applications. A person to be eligible for such services should have a valid unemployed card.