Working as an Employee

Before you can start working in Greece as an employee, you must get several ID numbers. Here is a list of ID numbers you have to issue in order to work and a list of ID numbers follows which you might need in order to work.

You will need the following documents and ID numbers:

  • Τax number (AFM)

  • Social Security Number (ΠΑΑΥΠΑ or AMKA)

  • National Insurance Νumber (ΑΜΑ)

You may also need the following documents, as well:

  • Bank Account

  • Proof of Address

  • OAED Unemployment Card